Today was another relaxing day in the city. Allie and I woke up just in time to catch breakfast and then just hung out in her room before we convinced ourselves we needed to do something. We decided a walk would be perfect. We walked past Westminster Abbey to the Thames River. We walked along the river for a while before heading to Strutton Ground which is a very small market on Victoria Street. After lunch, we headed back out on a mission to find the flat that my family will be staying in when they visit. Luckily, the flat isn't hard to find and is only about a five minute walk from the tube station. Seeing where they are going to stay made me even more excited!
For dinner, Allie and I made ravioli with chicken and tomato/basil sauce. We did pretty well, with the exception of knowing the timing of when to cook things so that they will all be done at the same time. We're still working on that part. It turned out well and since it was cheap, I'm thinking we'll do that meal again. Dena arrived after dinner and it is so good to see another familiar face! It reminds me how much I miss my friends from back home and Central. Unfortunately I had to leave for the theatre performance shortly after she arrived. Tonight was the showing of Shakespeare's Twelfth Night. It was actually much easier to understand than I thought, mainly because I could watch the actors and figure out what was going on. Our seats were in the very top row of the balcony. One of my first thoughts was (because it was extremely hot) if I faint/pass out and fall forward I'm going all the way down. I would have just kept falling. It was a little intense being up that high and at times you couldn't see the facial expressions of the actors. Overall, this might be my favorite production. Many times throughout the play I continued to think of the movie She's the Man and how the characters were similar, although I would have to say Duke Orsino is much more attractive in the movie.
After the play, a group of us headed to the Walkabout, it is student night on Wednesdays, and met up with Dena and a few of the others from our program. It was a little crazy with the really loud music, and sometimes it's more entertaining to just watch other people. That may be a bit creepery, but whatever. Tomorrow I'm going to work on my tour guide skills and show Dena around a bit. Also, I'm wearing my retainer tonight so I'm expecting to wake up in pain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment