This week is was my favorite week so far, yes I know this is only my third week, but it is going to be hard for the rest of the term to top this week. Here are my reasons:
1. Two snow days! Of course that means sleeping in and doing whatever activities we choose. It was also really nice to walk around St. James's Park and surrounding areas in the snow because it was so pretty. Although now much of the snow is gone or is in the process of melting, it was pretty while it lasted. The snow also made it feel more like home, I do realize how much I enjoy living in Iowa.
2. One day of work. This was on Wednesday and although I did have to get up slightly early I had a good 2nd week at my internship. I feel like I am getting more of an idea how to work with some of the children and overall I am feeling more comfortable there.
3. Skype dates with friends and family. With more free time I got a chance to talk to my friends, sister, and parents more than in the past couple weeks. This may seem like a minor thing, but after being a little on the homesick side last week it was great to see their beautiful faces.
4. I didn't fall down. This is a major plus in my life, although my friend did slip on the ice, no worries she is perfectly okay! It was a hilarious sight to see!
5. A couple of my friends and I made our first 'real' meal since arriving in London. It was very tastey and we had enough leftovers (which were equally as good) to last us for the next two days!
6. My parents and my sister booked their flight over to visit in March!
7. We are going to a pizza place called 'Pizza in the Park' which I am assuming will be excellent.
8. I did laundry so now I have clean clothes.
9. I got the best package ever today!!! Including many things plus homemade cookies from my mom :)
10. This weekend is probably going to rock as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment