Sunday, 8 February 2009

Part 2 of the Longest Day Ever

Well it is about 9:00pm and I am about ready to crash for the night. After my 2 hour nap, my friends and I bundled back up and headed back to the Royal Theatre to get our place along the red carpet. When we arrived back to where we had spent the morning sitting, we found a huge line. Luckily we had numbers on our wristbands so we didn't have to go all the way to the back. This was one of the worst parts of the day. The people in this line were extremely pushy, even with the number order. There was one man who was smoking something that was definitely not drugs too close to me for my comfort. There were also these men who do this professionally. They come to premeirs, get photographys signed, and then sell them. They were talking to each other, giving each other advice on what to do to not get the signature smudged, and were also extremely pushy.

After waiting in line for about an hour or so, we finally got to go forward and made our move to the red carpet. We even got the front row!! I got pretty excited right when we got to sidelines of the red carpet, but then we had to wait for about another 1.5 hours and then it started to sprinkle, which it continued to do until we got back to Vandon. So far I seem pretty negative about the day, but overall I am glad that I went and spent the entire day waiting to see "stars." At some points I find it pathetic that we waited all day just to see those famous actors and actresses, because they are just people. Then I remember that it was a lot of fun and I definitely will not forget today. I'm going to list all of the celebrities that we saw and knew... Goldie Hawn, Meryl Streep, Emma Watson, Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Daniel Craig, Penelope Cruise, Shia LaBeouf, Ron Howard, Kate Winslet, Sharon Stone, Amy Adams, and a few others that we didn't know because they were British film stars. I will admit that I did turn into one of those crazy fans who screams for the celebrity. I didn't think I would, but I did. Don't judge until you have been in the same situation! Ron Howard was one of the first ones on the red carpet so that was the beginning of my excitement. Emma Watson and Shia LaBeouf were probably the winners in my book today. They were both super nice and very willing to take pictures and sign autographs for people. They are both also extremely adorable. Brad Pitt and Daniel Craig were also pretty exciting, I will admit.

Today was definitely fun and a one time event in my life. I am about ready to pass out from the long day, but it was fun to experience with my friends. It is something I never thought I'd do! Tomorrow is back to reality with classes, a theatre preformance, internship, and then my first traveling experience to Ireland!

No comments:

Post a Comment