Wednesday, 25 February 2009

Another week

Yesterday and today were filled with my internship. Nothing too out of the ordinary occured although I did get to observe the speech therapist for a bit on Tuesday so that was nice. It is different than I thought it would be, mostly because these children have no verbal communication and hardly any nonverbal communication. I got the chance to talk to Mary again and I think I will get to observe the speech therapist more often now.

Today was sort of funny because the teachers I work with talked about accents and whose accent they could or could not understand very well. Apparently they aren't phased at all by my 'accent.' I still find it weird that they think I have an accent, but I'll go with it. Anyway, we got on the subject of different slang used in all these different countries like New Zealand, Australia, Ireland, England, and the U.S. It was funny what they though of the U.S. They asked about donuts and if police officers are really eating donuts all the time. I think for the most part they have good views of the U.S., although the donut idea might not be the most positive depending who you ask.

Tomorrow Allie, Erin, and I head to Switzerland. Our plane leaves at 7:20am, meaning we have to be out the door by 4:30am to make it the airport in time. Saying that I'm not sure why I'm still awake considering it's almost midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment