Monday, 2 February 2009

A new appreciation for snow!

Last night while I was sleeping it snowed... a lot. London hasn't seen this much snow since 1991 or something like that so it is a big deal for the busy city. Really there is not that much snow on the ground and a lot of it has turned to gross brown slush. It continued to snow late into the afternoon today which resulted in no morning classes (Yay!), no London bus system, and limited tube stations open. Londoners were trekking through the snow with umbrellas and some interesting choices for clothing. It was actually funny to see how they react to the snow since we are so used to it and they are so not. I have turned in to quite the wimp when it comes to cold weather, so I am very thankful that when I get home in May it will be nicer and possibly warm!

Since I had no morning classes today was pretty uneventful. A few of us ventured to Primark which is a ridiculously cheap clothing store, almost too good to be true. No worries I didn't spend any of my money! At some point I'm sure we will return though. Next was on to get groceries. I am getting much better at buying groceries, believe it or not. I even bought some veggies and had some corn for dinner since I love corn! This afternoon I had my theatre class and then a theatre production tonight. We saw the play, "Duet for One." I definitely enjoyed this better than the last production. The play was very serious, it only had two actors on stage the entire show. Juliet Stevenson played the main female role, she is also in the movies Bend it like Beckham and Mona Lisa Smile! Overall it was a good/successful day! I don't have my internship tomorrow because of the snow so I'm looking forward to sleeping in and possibly hitting up a museum!

No comments:

Post a Comment