One of the highlights of my day was a pink Valentine's package from Kristen and my friends at Central. It was great! I already ate some of the chocolate and the homemade cards are going to be hung in my room by the end of the weekend. :)
Today was a busy one. After being up late last night we slept in until it was time for breakfast. I still just can't pass up the free food! After breakfast we lounged around until lunch and then we headed out the door. Our first stop was a place where the Queen would give speeches, if she were to give one. I'm not sure what it is called, but it is right across the street from St. James's Park. There was a guard there, one of the ones who can't smile no matter what, and people were surrounding him to get their picture taken. I could not imagine doing that everyday. Besides having people come and stare at you and take a million pictures of you, just the standing for hours on end wouldn't be fun. We of course joined in on the picture taking, although it was a little intimidating because at times the guard would stomp his foot harshly.
Next we hit up Trafalgar Square and the National Gallery Museum. Today was filled with doing classic tourist things, such as the whole 'taking pictures with the guards' and at Trafalgar Square we climbed on the huge lions. Although I am tall, it was quite difficult to get on them. We managed to awkwardly get four of us on one and then two of us stood in front of it. Yes, we have pictures. It was fun to do the normal touristy things. After browsing the National Gallery Museum we took Dena up to Covent Gardens to wander around a bit. Covent Gardens has its own little market that is much smaller than the other markets in London. It has more of the jewelry and high quality clothing. It also has many street performers, some that do ridiculous things.
Lastly, we went to the Imperial War Museum. This may be my favorite museum so far. It was filled with so many different things and set up in a way that was really easy to follow. We probably spent about an hour just in the Holocaust section. It was really interesting, but also sort of a mood dampener. I really enjoyed it.
After a long day, Jenon, Allie, Dena, and I opted for a movie and popcorn night. We ended up watching some seasons of Friends and dominating a few bags of popcorn with M&M type candy. Yum. Tomorrow will be another busy day, starting with some markets!
Also, I did not trip at all today, therefore I blame the previous day's trips on my boots.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment