Today is Friday, which is usually the beginning of the weekend, but this week has been such a long weekend that I am very confused on which day it is. I just woke up from a nap so this could explain my disorientation.
This morning, I headed with the group on an optional excursion to Greenwich. We needed to take the tube to Westminster and then get on a river boat at the Westminster pier. One of my friends forgot her oyster card and since Westminster was in walking distance we took off on foot. We needed to catch the rest of our group as they were getting off the tube so we would know where to go, so we ran. It was probably quite the sight to see two girls sprinting through London. I knew I needed to start running again, but this morning definitely confirmed that thought! We ended up probably beating the rest of the group to the tube stop, but since there are multiple exits from the tube to the street we were still lost from the group. Luckily we found Westminster Pier and made it aboard the riverboat!
The boat trip lasted about an hour, it was nice to see some of the sights along the Thame's river, but it was a very cloudy, gloomy day so our pictures are not a good show of what we could see. Once we hit Greenwich we headed up to the Royal Observatory where we stood in two hemispheres at once!! Greenwich is where the prime meridian lies. It was actually pretty cool to stand over the line and of course take a few pictures :) Next we headed to an amazing Mexican restaurant. It was delicious, I even tried a red and green pepper. Apparently I was feeling daring today.
Before heading back to central London, we visited the Maritime Museum and the Queen's House. Both we quite interesting and the Maritime museum made me really want to take a cruise someday. Apparently they are building the world's largest cruise ship sometime this year, which can hold up to 9,000 people. That sounds ridiculous to me and I can't even imagine how big it will be!
Now it is supper time and I just woke up from a much needed nap! I'm not sure what is in store for tonight, I guess we'll find out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment