Monday was a busy busy day for me. I had my normal four classes, two of which I had to present in. During our BES class I told the group about my internship, what I do every day, how I like it (not very difficult). In Contemporary Britain we discussed health. A lot of English people think of the U.S. and think of overweight people. Sweet. Apparently that phenomenon is moving into England as well and is becoming more of a problem in Great Britain. Although really in London I haven't seen many overweight people, our professor said that probably outside of the city is where you would be more likely to find not so thin people. Anyway, that is beside the point of my day. After my morning classes I had about an hour break which I used to work on my theatre presentation and then I had theatre class. My presentation went well although I had the cheesy topic of "Describe your imagined perfect visit to a theatre." After the presentations were finished, Imelba Staunton who played Kath in the production, "Entertaining Mr. Sloane." Imelba is also in: Harry Potter and the order of the Phoenix as Professor Umbridge, Freedom Writers, Nanny McPhee, and many many many other movies/films/tele. As you can she she is pretty cool. Imelba came in and is a very small, adorable woman. She was so cute as she talked to us and very modest. She talked to us about many different things from how she got started to what she is working on now. When she was telling us about the different films she had been in she said, I don't know if you know about Harry Potter, but I played professor Umbridge. She was just adorable and it was my favorite theatre class.
After class, I had about an hour before we had to head to the theatre performance for the night. Our professor told us it took over an hour to get to the theatre, plus we needed to be there early because the seats weren't reserved. So we left at 6pm to a performance that started at 8pm. It only took about 40 minutes to get there so we were WAY early. The play was titled, Victory. It is probably the darkest, most vulgar play I have been to. The acting was good, but the idea of the play was not my favorite. Through this course I have decided that I like happy musicals.
Today, Tuesday, I had my internship as usual and was in the Yellow Class. I only have five more days left at the Jack Taylor School and the days go so fast. I took the bus home and then went for a run around St. James's Park, Buckingham Palace, and Hyde Park. London is sort of craziness at the moment with the G20 in town. I saw way more police on motorcycles than ever and at one point I saw about seven police motorcycle men leading a group of important cars as another police stopped traffic. I also saw a herd of about 200 motorcycles ride down the road honking. I guess they are part of some protest, I'm not sure against what- a tax maybe. After I got back I made the best dinner for one: chicken, veggies, and rice stirfry thingy. Yum. Now we are booking hostels for spring break. Gross.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment