Yesterday (Friday) was a beautiful day in Barcelona, Spain. Jenon, Allie, Erin, and I woke up at a decent time and headed out to find some breakfast. We were pretty unsuccessful for a while and could only locate sandwich places. Since it was nice we wanted to eat outside and found a little cafe that had outdoor seating. We all ordered spanish omlets and they were very good, but much smaller than expected. Next we headed to la Rambla which is a street in Barcelona that is very busy and has several little stands set up, mostly with souveniers. On la Rambla we found the best market ever. It had the best looking fruits and veggies I've ever seen in my young life and it had chocolate and nuts too. Our favorite part may have been the ice cream/gelato stand. We each splurged and got three scoops - I went with chocolate, ferrero, and a yogurt and berries one. Yum! Definitely enough to tide us over until supper. After the market we headed to the beach! Although it wasn't nice enough for our swim suits, we changed into comfy clothes and layed out on the sand. It was perfect.
The beach was pretty busy and there were definitely some interesting characters close to us. There was one European woman with quite hairy armpits and legs and then behind us was a topless woman giving another woman a massage. This was almost too much for us so we turned the other way and enjoyed the rest of our afternoon. It got a little colder later in the afternoon so we headed back to the apartment and then on a mission to find sangria. I've never had sangria before, but Jenon had it last week at the mexican restaurant in Greenwich and said it was good. Aparently four blonde girls walking together quite the thing, because everywhere we went people looked and stared and even a few quite old guys tried talking to us. We found a little bar/pub and shared a pitcher of sangria. It was good, but tasted quite a bit like wine. I did enjoy the pieces of orange in it though. Afterward, Jenon had to head back to the apartment to register for classes so Erin, Allie, and I went on a mission to find salsa. I had it in my head that I was going to be able to have some really good chips and salsa while I was in Barcelona, I forgot that that is more of a Mexico thing not Spain. We eventually found an actually grocery store instead of little nugget convenient stores and seached for salsa. We ended up with frozen pizza, chicken nuggets, pop, ketchup, chips, and... spaghetti sauce. It said salsa on the outside of the jar. like most other jars did. We couldn't decide which 'salsa' to go with so we chose the one that looked the most like salsa. Fail. We got back to the apartment to taste our chips and salsa and discovered it was spaghetti sauce. Bummer. We did also pick up ingredients to make guacamole, so that part was successful and we had good guacamole to use for our chips.
We spent the majority of Friday night hanging out in the apartment, sort of having a much needed girls night. Today has been quite busy and rainy. More on that later...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment