Wednesday, 18 March 2009

It's Wednesday!

A recap of St. Patrick's Day:

I had my internship and was in the Yellow Class again. Everything went really well, with the exception of play time after lunch where a couple of the assistants got into an argument with one of the cooks (or I think she is one of the cooks). It was entertaining and very awkward to witness. Anyway, with the lovely spring/sunny weather, we spent a lot of time outside. Yay. After my internship, I forced myself to run and then get ready to go out since it was St. Patrick's Day. Actually at my internship they played some Irish music because of the holiday and because one of the teachers is Irish so she did a little Irish dancing for us which made me want to do some Irish dancing. A pretty large group of us headed to O'Neils which is about a 20 minute tube ride or so. As the name suggests it is an Irish pub. It was a fun atmosphere right when we walked in the door. People were wearing fun hats and the pub was decorated with anything green. Erin and I tried the Irish cider which was not terrible, I still don't know how people can drink Guinness. I was only disappointed by the fact that they played only one or two Irish songs and the rest were American, lame. Since I had work the next day, Erin and I headed out at about 11:20pm to go home. We made it to the tube station and waited patiently for our train. We got on the train, which was completely empty besides us, and soon discovered we were going the wrong direction. Whoops. So we got off at the next stop only to find out the trains were severely delayed. This was probably around 12:35 or so. For the next half and hour we sat at the station waiting for a train. During this time, we made some pretty funny videos and shared a granola bar. When the train decided to show up, we then had to wait another ten minutes or so for it to move. So the 20 minute commute home turned into an 1 hour and about 20 minutes. The only not fun part of our adventure was the creepy older man who talked like Austin Powers who thought it would be a good idea to talk to us or hit on us, I don't know what he was doing. He asked too many questions and tried to hard and then followed us off the train. As you are well aware I am still alive so nothing happened. But after we got out of the station, Erin and I ran all the way to Vandon.

Wednesday, Wednesday, Wednesday:

Today has been a brilliant day :) Although I didn't get much sleep because of Erin and my little tube mishap last night, my internship went well. We spent the majority of the afternoon outside because it was so nice/sunny/warm. I love it and so did the children. On my way back from my internship I ran into a obstacle. The nearest tube station is Swiss Cottage and it is about a 5 minute walk from my school. I walked to the tube station to get home like I normally do, only to find that it was closed down. I still don't know why, but there were about 5-8 emergency vehicles outside the main entrance to the station. Unfortunately, I have no sense of direction and didn't have a map. I looked around a bit, not entirely sure where to go, I considered calling one of my friends but decided I should figure it out myself. This was not as hard as I thought although at first when I saw the station I was a little nervous. I saw a sign that pointed toward Camden and walked the opposite way. I looked at a bus map and figured out what number bus I needed and continued to look for that bus stop. I found it not long after and my bus soon came. It was pretty full because I think a lot of people had turned to the bus when they saw the station was closed. I made it back without any problems! I was pretty happy I had done it myself, it may seem like a little thing, but oh well. About a block away from Vandon, an older couple also stopped me and asked me for directions. I am choosing to take this as a sign that I look like competent and normal. :)

I went on a run in the parks today and have decided that spring in London is the perfect time to be one of two things: homeless or in love. Homeless because the parks are so pretty and it is the perfect temperature (well maybe a little warmer would be okay). Obviously the latter would be better. I have never seen so many couples as I do in the parks. It's sort of depressing actually, but whatever they can be happy. I'm hoping the sun continues to shine for the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment