Today started off on a sad note. This morning at about 5:45 am I took my family on the tube to Paddington to catch their train the airport. They got back to the Midwest about an hour or so ago. It was more sad more me leaving them this time than it was when I left at the start of the term. I am not terribly homesick, I really love London. I just like having my family around, they are pretty great.
This morning was the usual with classes, but today it was sunny! I think this is the true start of London's spring/summer weather and I LOVE it. In the afternoon my theatre class took a tour of the Globe Theatre. Our tour was sort of pathetic, the guide talked for a bit outside of the theatre, mostly quizzing us on facts, and then we went into the theatre and sat while he talked for about then minutes. I did learn that the original Globe Theatre was not actually in London, but on the other side of the Thames River. This was because somethings the theatre did was not looked well upon by the Church and the majority of the people I think. Also back in the day, all kinds and classes of people went to the theatre. After our little nug tour, we were forced, yes forced to do an 'actors' workshop. Our tour guide, who was also an actor, led this workshop which lasted about an hour and fifteen minutes. It consisted of us running around the room, yelling lines at each other, learning about iambic pentameter, and reciting some lines from "Twelfth Night." As much as I wasn't enjoying it at the time, it was sort of cool to be in a real workshop at the Globe Theatre. Unfortunately I didn't get discovered for my outstanding acting skills.
This evening was actually sort of busy for a Monday. I went to a bigger grocery store a little ways away and found some good deals, or I hope they are good deals. I got a chance to talk to a friend from back home and then I went to a pub near Covent Gardens with Billy, Nick, Allie, and her bf Brandon. Tomorrow is back to work!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment