Today was the day the Rabe's arrived in London. I woke up early to meet my parents and my sister at Paddington where they would be arriving by train from the airport. I got there a little early which gave me enough time to pace the train station and get even more excited. When they arrived our reunion (which makes it sound like I've been away for ages) was full of big hugs that are probably the best ever. I love my family.
Anyway, we headed back to the underground station and to Bond Street which is the station I thought was the one I knew how to get to the apartment we would be staying from. Wrong. I needed to take them to Baker Street. Baker, Bond, don't they sound the same? Whoops. So on my family's first day in London, I got us lost. This wouldn't have been so difficult except that the street where the apartment is, is only a short block long. Meaning, most locals don't even know where it is or that it exists so they were no help when asking for directions. Luckily, we found some very nice and helpful tube worker people who helped us. Although they didn't know where the street was, they called other workers until they could help - who says Londoners aren't friendly? Anyway after what ended up being a long morning we found the apartment. I felt absolutely terrible for being such a sucky tour guide my first morning on the job.
Since my family had been up since Saturday morning at about 6:30 am they were exhausted. We took it easy the remainder of the day. We ate lunch in Regent's Park at a little cafe and made our own dinner in the apartment. The apartment is very cute and nice. My parents have a bedroom and then Jessica and I share the living room. It is bigger than I though and is a nice little place to stay for the next few days. To top the evening off we had brownies and ice cream to celebrate my dad's birthday which was in February and my sister's which is next week. Yummmmy.
Tomorrow is going to be a full day for my family and I can't wait to see them after class. Too bad I can't take the week off..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment