Saturday in Barcelona was rainy, but not terribly cold. In the morning it rained off and on. We took the metro up to see the Gaudi architecture: Sagrada Familia and a few other buildings designed by him. They were really interesting to see and much different from any architecture I have seen previously. After seeing the Sagrada Familia we walked more along what seemed like the main city area of Barcelona. It was really nice and there was a walk way down the middle of the road with the trees that curve inward and make sort of a balcony. The trees were all green so it made it even prettier. After walking around the city we headed back to la Rambla to check out the market again and then we attempted to find a gondola that would take us up to the top of this big hill/mountain. Unfortunately the gondolas weren't running because of the rain so we were out of luck. By this point it started raining harder and was windy so we grumpily headed back to the apartment to change our soaking socks.
That night we went to eat at the Hard Rock Cafe Barcelona. On the way we stopped for our first and only margarita in Spain. The food at Hard Rock was delicious and our waiter was very helpful. We ended the night walking in the pouring rain to find this fountain that we had seen in lots of brochures that had music and lights. We walked for at least a half hour in the rain and as we got close, we found out it wasn't running due to the weather. Super. So we got on the metro, found an ice cream place, and went back to the apartment.
We woke up Sunday morning about about 3:45am to head to the airport. We decided to get a taxi because it would be easier and it was still raining a bit out. We called the taxi service, but the woman on the other end could not understand anything Allie was saying to her. We even tried to use the Spanish alphabet to spell out the street we were staying at, and I think we did quite good. Since that didn't work we walked to one of the main roads and waved down a cab. Our driver played Spanish music and hummed along as he took us to the airport without a problem. It was way worth the money.
Sunday = back in London. I arrived back in London after a fabulous weekend in Barcelona and was exhausted. Early flights just take it out of me! I took a little nap and showered when I got back to Vandon. The highlight of my Sunday afternoon was grocery shopping (which I am becoming quite good at) and going to the Muffin Man. Jenon, Allie, and I decided we needed some tea and scones to make our Sunday afternoon even better. Jenon and I shared tea and scones with jam and cream and Allie opted for the hot chocolate and a scone. The Muffin Man is just a cute little tea place and it was so good! I think we are going to make this a normal outing. Yummm... Sunday evening was spent, well part of it, working on my theatre presentation that I presented on Monday. Early to bed, early Monday class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment