Today is April 1 which means April Fool's Day and also Wednesday. I went to my internship and when I got there the teachers were being rushed into a meeting. Being brilliant, like all teachers, they immediately thought it was an April Fool's joke. The head guy had them all sitting in the hall (their common area) and told them that they had had a meeting last night and with the financial level they are at, the teachers are all going to have to experience a 5% pay cut. April Fool's! Pretty clever actually.
I worked in Senior One class today. It was fun being with the older students again and I had a really good day. I took the bus back to Vandon again today and got off at Trafalgar Square where there was a big protest going on. I didn't get close enough to see what it was about, but there were people everywhere and lots of yelling and then cheering. When I was on my run I saw cops everywhere. Today is one of the main days for the protests. Apparently President Obama was at Buckingham Palace, but I think I was there too early to see him. Jenon saw him through the car though, so that is fun.
Tomorrow Allie and I head to Oxford for the day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment