Yesterday was my last theatre visit. Sad to say, I was pretty excited for this day. I have come to learn that I enjoy musicals much more than plays. It was a good experience and now I just have to write an 8 page paper and take an exam and I will be done with my theatre class!
Today I had the day off because the schools in London are on their mid-term/Easter break. For some reason I thought it would be really great for me to get up and go to a museum in the morning. So I woke up earlier than I wanted and headed off to the Victoria and Albert Museum. This is pretty much a huge museum of random random art things. They have statues, paintings, things from China and Japan, jewelry, stained glass, pretty much you name it they have it. Queen Victoria and her husband Albert collected all of this art. It was interesting, but some of the time I felt I didn't really know what I was looking at or why it was of importance. My favorite part was all the old jewelry and fashion. After that museum I though I might as well go across the road to the Science Museum. I don't really know what I was thinking this morning because I am not really a huge fan of museums. It's all about the experience though right? So I went and I experienced them and now I am done.
I decided to walk back from the museums. I always underestimate how far away things are from Vandon so this turned out to be quite the walk. This afternoon Allie wanted to get a new swimsuit before she headed off to Greece for spring break so I went along with her and did a little shopping. I have been going shopping a lot lately which is justified by the fact that I hardly ever find anything. We went to Primark first which had ridiculous crowds. It was a Tuesday afternoon and it was packed beyond its capacity it seemed. I wanted in a really long line to return a shirt and then another line to buy a different one. Goodness. Oxford Street was very very busy today with more crowds than I think are usual. I feel like there must have been a spring sale going on at a lot of stores right now. Allie and I are trying to save money by taking the bus places and I think we are getting quite good. I feel much more comfortable with the bus system now, although it is a little trickier than the underground.
Tomorrow I head off to visit Alison, a family friend, which should be really good. I'm excited to see a familiar face! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment