For an update on my internship.... the second day, yesterday, went much better. I am not feeling so down about everything. I talked to my supervising teacher more. She and I are going to sit down and talk about what I want to get out the experience sometime next week. She told me that on Wednesday I looked much more comfortable and like I had an idea of what I was doing, whereas the first day I was much more in shock of everything. I did feel much more comfortable the second day. Seeing those little children smile is enough to brighten anyones day. I am going to try to look up more on their disorders and conditions this weekend so that I'm not so in the dark about what they have. I am looking forward to see what next week offers and I hope that it continues to get better each day.
After I got back from my internship yesterday, I also had my first theatre production for the theatre class. It was the musical "Spring Awakening." I'll just say that it was not my type of musical. I prefer more classic/older musicals. This one had nudity, sex scenes, and a lot of cussing. Not a fan. I'm sure our discussion over the musical will be interesting come Monday, but for now I'll just say I won't be seeing it again.
Today was my day off! I loved it! I woke up just in time for breakfast, went back to bed and woke up in time to shower, eat lunch and head off to Camden Market. Unfortunately, my day got interesting after the morning. I went to Camden Market with a few of my friends. From the other markets we had seen, this was definitely something new. The first people we saw were of the gothic type. The majority of the people wandering around or at working at the shops were covered in piercings, tattoos, and one had spikes all over his clothing. Needless to say it was not what I was expecting. We wandered around for a bit, and then a woman with a mustache told us to go another direction to get to another part of the market. I have never felt more like a small town girl than I did in that moment. It was crazyness. I did buy some form of a knockoff purse for only 10 pounds though, so I guess the experience wasn't for nothing.
From the market, we headed up the street a ways to Marine Ices, which is this ice cream place known for its homemade Italian ice cream. It took us forever to decided, but when we did it was so worth it. The ice cream was amazing. I will be taking my parents and my sister there when they visit, but I will probably avoid Camden market. One thing about London is that you never know if the people at restaurants are going to bring you your check or if you have to ask, then there is always the question of, do you take the money to the front or will they come get it? Even after being here for 10 days, my friends and I somehow manage to do it the hard way everytime. This time, Allie decided she would go ask for the check. Apparently this isn't the way to go because the waitress gave us the glare. Unfortunately in London they do not separte your check so then the waitress stood over us while we took a good 15 minutes to figure out how to pay because I was the only one with exact change. Although we thought this was quite amusing, the waitress didn't seem to agree. We are still learning.
Next it was on to the Museum of London. This is quite a small museum in London, it had a lot of interesting things about what London was like when it became the huge city that it is today as well as information about the great fire, and the plague. By the end of the day we were all pretty worn out and ready for some leisure time at Vandon. I'm not sure what the agenda is for this evening but tomorrow we leave in the morning for York! I'm pretty pumped for this, except that it is going to be much colder in York and I still have to pack! It will be nice to get out of the city for a few days, but then its back to class Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment