Yesterday evening, our group went to the musical "Blood Brothers" It was in the Pheonix theatre which is a smallish theatre that is set up very cute like. The musical was pretty intense, with the two brothers dying tragically at the end. (Sorry if I just ruined the whole musical for you..whoops!) The lead woman was an amazing singer, she was probably my favorite part. The musical was a good first experience to prepare me for my theatre class. The trip to the theatre also made me realize I'm not a huge fan of traveling in groups of more than 10-15 people. On the way there we continued to get in the way as we were trying to make it on the right tube. Sometimes we knew where we were supposed to get off next, but most of the time we didn't. Apparently the doors to the tube aren't like elevator doors or garage doors, they don't automatically reopen in something gets stuck in them, like one of your limbs. Luckily I still have all body parts in tact, although there have been a number of close calls with the doors to the tube!
Today was a busy, busy day. First, our group headed to Birkbeck College which is wear my two Monday morning classes will be taught. It is quite a journey to the college, but I think today it seemed longer because we were traveling as a whole group of a little more than 40 people and it was raining/windy. Birkbeck is in a very cute neighborhood that I think I will want to explore more when I get the time. I'm pretty possitive my classes are not going to be as challenging as I may be used to, but I think I will be busy enough with my internship and traveling that I am perfectly okay with less studying... :) We also had a travel seminar, mostly to give us informational tips about traveling around the UK and Europe and also gave me ideas about day trips I might possibly want to do. I think before I start traveling too far away from London, I want to experience what London has to offer. There are a lot of places I would like to go on day trips to, such as Oxfor, Cambridge, and Winchester. I'm sure I will find time to do all this, its just a matter of planning when they will happen!!
This afternoon the group was split up into small groups of 3 or 4 and we went on a scavenger hunt. The scavenger hunt last 3 hours. It was very tiring. We traveled all along the tube and all over London trying to get brochures and pictures of random places and things. It was really fun within the first couple hours, but my group spent about an hour trying to find the worlds biggest toy store. We continued to go down the wrong street and then would turn around and go another way. It was fun in an odd way. It showed me a lot of London that I may not have seen on my own and it also gave me ideas of places I want to explore more. We saw the Natural History Museum which looked absolutely beautiful from the outside, unfortunately we were on a time line and couldn't go in. Over all it was a successful day here in London, I'm tired but it's my first Friday night so I am going out!
It feels as though I have been gone for longer than a week, but on Sunday I will have been in my new "home" for one week. I think I am adjusting well to the new experiences, but I also think I need to challege myself more. Maybe that will come in time....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment