Tuesday, 27 January 2009
Who said life was fair?
Today was the first day of my internship. I am working in a school for children with severe disabilities ranging from movement, to speech, to learning, to any disability. I'm not really sure how to even start my blog about today. I spent much, make that, the whole day feeling overwhelmed. The children I am working with are all completely new to me and their disabilities are even newer. Some of them are the cutest children, and at this point all I can think is- it's not fair. How did these children end up with the lives they have been given? How is that even fair? When I see their smiling faces, I can't explain what goes through my mind. They are so sweet, and they have so much to say, but the majority of them can't express their feelings or wants. I hope that I have as much of an impact on the children as they are already having on me. As I get to know the children more and more as the little people they are, I think I will be able to handle it better. Today was just a wirlwind of emotions and thoughts....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment