Yesterday was the mark of my first week in this new city. Although I do miss my family and friends, I am happy to be here. I started classes this morning. I have class pretty much all day on Mondays from about 9:15am to 4:30pm, with a 2 hour break somewhere in the middle. Tomorrow I start my internship. It seems like so long a go I was emailing Lauren (the woman here who sets up all the internships) trying to figure out one that would work well with speech therapy, and now tomorrow is the day it all starts. I am extremely nervous. I don't know what to expect, or what they will expect of me. I know it will be okay, but I am nervous anyway and I just want to get my first day of work done with! After tomorrow, I will be more at ease with the situation! After classes today, Allie, Jill, and I walked down the street and discovered that the Queen literally lives right next door. Just a minute walk down the street and there is Buckingham Palace. I am too privileged where I live. Everything is so close that it seems unreal, but I am completely okay with it!
I do have some more stories from the weekend...
Saturday was Jenon's birthday so of course we had to take the tube to find a place to eat. I decided it would be a brilliant idea to take a group picture while we were waiting on the platform, only later did I find out this was a bad idea. After taking the picture of our lovely group, a man came over the intercom and announced very very loudly that flash photography was not allowed on the platform and the people on platform one (aka us) would be asked to leave if it continued. Whoops! Lesson learned.
Sunday was spent going to church at the Hillsong Church London. It was a very good service, with a very modern feel. Hillsong (a Christian group) preformed through much of the service and then there was a message as well. The church is not too far from Vandon, so I'm sure we will visit there again, there is also a Methodist church down the street that I may explore sometime if I get up the courage! The rest of Sunday was spent doing some much needed relaxing.
No comments:
Post a Comment