In one week I will be at home in Iowa with my family. It is exciting, yet sad at the same time. The last few days of this week have gone by very fast. Friday morning I had my finals and am now done with academics for this year, with the exception of the theatre paper I have yet to finish. For our British Experience class we had to write an essay about how we thought we had grown from studying abroad or what we have learned from our experiences. We also had to write down five things we will miss about London/the U.K. and five things we won't miss. Looking back over my experiences was sort of sad. I can't believe my semester in London is coming to an end - where did it go? I am so glad I was lucky enough to study abroad and I'm so glad family encouraged me and that I chose to spend a semester in the city. I never thought I would enjoy living in a city, but London is somehow different.
Things I will miss:
1. Tea whenever I want - yum.
2. Having three parks within a five-ten minute walk.
3. Not having to drive anywhere, but being able to walk
4. Easy public transportation for places not within walking distance
5. Markets
6. Always having something to do
7. Free breakfast
8. Delicious fish and chips
9. Pubs - so cute.
10. London.
I know its time for me to return home, but I'm going to miss London. I've been on a 3.5 month vacation and now it is back to reality. Luckily for me I have amazing family and friends to go home to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment