I didn't get a chance to write about my final days in London. My last days went by so fast! I spent Tuesday and Wednesday at my internship and when I left on Wednesday I was much sadder than I anticipated. I didn't realize until I was walking away from the school how much I really enjoyed working there and how much I learned. Those children were amazing and I wish I could see them in a few years to see what they are up to. The teachers were also really great to me and the Senior One class made me going away cards with their pictures in them that I will get to keep and remember them by!
The rest of my final days in the city were busy busy busy. Packing was not fun, at all. It really wasn't as bad as I had expected, but packing is never fun. I managed to get all of my new and old things to fit in my bad without a problem and even under the 51lb weight limit! (Quite an accomplishment!) The weather was sort of crappy the last few days which was a bummer, but Allie and I still went out and spent the day walking around. It never actually hit me that I would be leaving in a few days and then a few hours.
Our program went to Wicked the musical on Thursday night, it was amazing! The woman who played the wicked witch has a great voice, they all were so talented. It was by far my favorite theatre production out of the year, not that it had too much competition! Afterward the majority of our program went to a pub just down the street. We took over a good portion of the pub and there were more pictures being taken that you can even imagine. The walk back to Vandon was a sad one. I never fully grasped the fact that I was leaving the place I had spent the last four months living, working, and learning in. I can't believe how much I loved living in a city, but I guess London is a pretty amazing city anyway and different than those in the United States.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment